Wedgewood Golf Club
Senior Men’s Tuesday Scramble
1. Carvin Thiessen, Wil Besore, Ron Black, Jim Laughlin -4.
2. Dane Lawrence, Dennis Carter, Bill Humphrey, Bryan Curtis -2.
3. Dave Stallbaumer, Paul Flores, Sam Farmer, Walt Long -2.
4. Jim Zook, Sam Griffin, Roman Mannibach, Ed Graff -2.
Next Play — 9 a.m. Tuesday.
BC women’sleague opens
Registration is open for the 2020 Bethel College women’s soccer league.
The league is open to players high school age and older.
Play will be held from 5 to 10 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from July 2 to Aug. 4 at Thresher Stadium.
Both team and individual registrations are being accepted.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, the following changes are being made to the league:
• There will be a screening process for every player to have their temperature taken and logged before entering the stadium to play.
• Teams will be playing on Tuesdays and Thursdays to keep the same amount of games total but limit the number of players on the field at the same time. That means there will be 15 minutes between games to ensure teams will have plenty of time to arrive and leave without too many people crossing paths.
• Only participants will be allowed on the field. Spectators will have to watch either outside the gated area of the field or on the stands.
• Players will be required to enter on the southeast side of the field and exit on the southwest side of the field.
• Balls and benches will be disinfected before and after each game.
More information and registration forms are available at https://playpass.com/BethelCollegeAthletics/bethel-women-s-summer-league-a16420.
Thunder namesprotected list
PRINCETON, N.J. — The Wichita Thunder hockey team released its 2020 protected list to the ECHL.
The Thunder named 27 players to the list. The team has the first rights to negotiate contracts with players on the protected list.
For a team to protect a player, it must meet six criteria as set by the agreement between the league and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association.
The player must have either:
1. Signed an (standard player contract) in 2019-20 with the member, and has not been traded or released.
2. Signed an SPC in 2019-20, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or (International Ice Hockey Federation) team, and has not been traded or released.
3. Had received a qualifying offer last summer for the current season, did not sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released.
4. Has been suspended by the member team or league, and has not been traded or released.
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2019-20 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released.
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected players for the Thunder include Mitch Gillam, Kyle Pouncy, Jacob Graves, Sean Allen, Patrik Parkkonen, Cam Clarke, Garrett Schmitz, Zachary Borsoi, Riley Weselowski, Dylan Olsen, Brendan DeJong, Nolan DeJong, Lane Bauer, Billy Exell, Shaquille Merasty, Peter Crinella, Jason Salvaggio, Fabrizio Ricci, Stefan Fournier, Jay Dickman, Chris Gerrie, Spencer Dorowicz, Jack Combs, Frankie Melton, Chris Crane, Mark MacMillan and Quentin Shore.
Teams have until 2 p.m. June 12 to complete all future consideration trades.
Teams must submit their season-ending roster to the league by 2 p.m. June 15. The season-ending roster may include up to 20 players. All players on the season-ending roster must have been under an ECHL contract in the 2019-20 season.