Blood drives will be held in coming weeks at these 5 Topeka locations amid blood, platelet shortage
A blood drive Saturday will be the first of five over the next six weeks in Topeka.
The drives come at a time when the American Red Cross is experiencing a blood and platelet shortage, said Brittney Rochell, chief communications officer for that organization's Kansas-Oklahoma Region.
The website of the American Red Cross indicates the other drives will take place:
• From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2401 S.W. Kingsrow.
• From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22, at Christ Lutheran Church, 3509 S.W. Burlingame Road.
• From 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, at Washburn University's Petro Allied Health Center.
• From noon to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 4, at Noller Mazda Hyundai Genesis, 2946 S. Kansas Ave.
• From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12, at Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 1100 S.E. Washington.