There are several places around Harvey County that will be offering food, drinks, music and more on May 5 in honor of Cinco de Mayo.
1. Acapulco Mexican Restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at 217 W. Broadway St. in Newton. Besides its usual menu of Mexican food, patrons can also choose to eat from a buffet and take advantage of margarita and beer specials. Free T-shirts and giveaways will also be part of the day.
2. A Cinco de Mayo Fiesta will be held from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Eagles Aerie #2516, 120 W. 5th St. in Newton. The Renaissance Band Live is scheduled to perform live music at 9 p.m. Members and guests are welcome.
3. Live music will also be part of the festivities from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at The Barn, 307 W. Dean St. in Burrton. Common Ground is the featured band.
4. A Cinco de Mayo Party is planned from 6 to 9 p.m. at Grace Hill Winery, 6310 S. Grace Hill Rd. in Whitewater. Moddelmog & Hardin will provide music and Uno Mas Food Truck will be on site with a special Cinco de Mayo menu. Grace Hill wines will be served, along with beer. Admission to the event is $10 per carload and does not include the cost of food or drinks. Attendees can bring their own lawn chair, but no outside food or alcohol will be permitted.
5. Food and drinks will be served from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Casa Fiesta, 1607 N. Main in Newton. The restaurant will also have a DJ playing music from 6 to 10 p.m.