The renovation work is complete at the North Dillons store located at 1216 N. Main Street in Newton.
The store has planned for its grand re-opening celebrations beginning Aug. 10.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be hosted at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 10 with the Newton Chamber of Commerce. The store team will present a check to Harvey County United Way for $22,600 in honor of the pledges of associates and a corporate gift. Newton High School Athletics Department and the Women’s Safe House will each receive a $500 donation from the store. Members of the Newton High School football team and cheerleaders will be joined by the Railroader mascot during the event.
During the day and throughout the weekend, Dillons plans to celebrate with sampling demonstrations and special “Grand Re-Opening” prices for customers. The team at Dillons will also be roasting fresh summer sweet corn on the patio and grilling ribs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 10.
“It’s hard to believe we have been serving Newton in this Dillons location for the past 10 years, so I am particularly excited to share our newly renovated store with our customers,” said Ryan Barker, store manager. “Many of our guests are raving about how open and fresh the store looks with the renovation. Our customers have been thrilled with expanded selections of natural and organic foods throughout the store, along with our bulk foods section. We have also expanded our selections of garden-fresh produce, including organics, and fresh meat and seafood. These departments have been a huge hit with our customers and I have heard such wonderful reviews of the updated look and feel of the store.”
Upgraded and new features at the Dillons on Main Street include:
• Additional selections of garden-fresh produce, including organic varieties and salad bar.
• Enhanced offerings of fresh meat and seafood.
• Expanded offerings of natural and organic foods.
• New Pharmacy with private counsel rooms.
• Updated sections of sports apparel and fan gear, including local and state teams.
• New atmosphere in the health and beauty sections with wooden showcases and new overhead directional signs.
• New check-lanes and familiar conveniences at Guest Service.
• Enhanced frozen food and grocery offerings with a focus on quality store brands.
• New décor package with warm colors, upgraded department markers, and energy-efficient ambient lighting.
Dillons Supermarkets, headquartered in Hutchinson, is a division of The Kroger Company, one of the nation’s largest retail grocery chains. Dillon Stores operates 80 stores in Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska and employs more than 12,500 associates.