|
|
The Kansan - Newton, KS
Tips, tricks, and humorous stories from the adventures of Gadget Girl.
The day I almost burned the office down…
email print
About this blog
By Holan Kerrick
Holan, aka Gadget Girl, has worn out many kindles, phones, and anything with an off/on switch while trying to find tips and tricks of technology. She’s the go to person for family and friends on how to get the thingy-a-bob to work or an opinion of ...
X
Adventures with Gadget Girl
Holan, aka Gadget Girl, has worn out many kindles, phones, and anything with an off/on switch while trying to find tips and tricks of technology. She’s the go to person for family and friends on how to get the thingy-a-bob to work or an opinion of the next great thing. Holan’s formal training includes a Bachelor’s in Technology with an emphasis in Graphic Design and a Masters in Technology. With an energetic spirit Holan knows how to turn techie speak into plain English, she’s hoping you’ll enjoy reading her experiences with technology.
Recent Posts
Aug. 4, 2013 5:16 p.m.
Dec. 21, 2012 12:01 a.m.

pancakesIt’s been two years since I caught the microwave on fire…which in my defense wasn’t really my fault.  We had this really old microwave, I mean this thing was ancient and we always had to double our cooking time just to heat the food to the right temperature.  You would think that was our first indication something was wrong, but we continued on until that Wednesday morning before Christmas. 

I popped my pancakes in the microwave for 1 minute and then went to answer the phone and start my last day before vacation.  Less than 30 seconds later I see smoking bellowing out of the office kitchen and my first thought is the fire alarm going off in the entire building.  I knew I wouldn’t live that one down so I start fanning the smoke from the smoke detectors and the sprinklers, because it would be even worse if the sprinklers went off.  A few people from the neighboring office come over to help fan the smoke away, because you could now smell burnt popcorn on the entire 4th floor.  Luckily, the smoke detectors and the sprinklers didn’t go office but as the smoke faded into thin air, the boss walked in and I had explaining to do.  Come to find out the microwave over heated, catching the pancakes and the paper bowl on fire.

Unfortunately for us it smelled like burnt popcorn in the office for over a month, but the good news is that Santa brought us a new microwave for Christmas. 

Recent Posts

    latest blogs

    • Community
    • National