|
|
The Kansan - Newton, KS
  •  House fire breaks out

    • email print
  •   By Chad FreyNewton KansanNeighbors spotted flames coming out of the roof of a home at 12th and Spencer Sunday night — however damage was contained by Newton Fire/EMS and the home is repairable. "There was little, if any, damage to the main living area," said batalion chief Roger Perkins.A call came in at about 7:30 p.m Sunday that the home was on fire.The home, which according to county tax records is owned by Russel and Traci Roeder, was on fire when fire crews arrived. The fire was in the attic. Investigators have ruled the fire a electrical fire.No one was injured in the fire."The family was home at the time, but got out," Perkins said. "We contained it pretty quickly and contained the damage to the attic."   
      • calendar