The following activities will happen in June at the Hesston Wellness Center:
The following activities will happen in June at the Hesston
• Tuesday through June 29: Kindermusik presents God’s Children Sing
Family Camp. Class will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays in the
Garden Level Room at Hesston Wellness Center. This summer’s theme will
be stories from the Old Testament with “Friends in God’s World.”
Learned in a joyful manner, these lessons will enhance moral concepts
in daily life and provide a springboard for family music time at home.
Class is open to parents and children ages birth through 7 years.
Cost: materials are $35 (one set per family includes a CD, activity
book, picture cards and craft supplies) and tuition is $50 (one
child), $90 (two children) and $120 (three children).
The class will be taught by Kristin Kliewer, Kindermusik teacher at
Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts in Newton. Contact her at
283-1308, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the studio Web site at
www.jnmskindermusik.com to enroll.
• Tuesday and June 8, 15, 22 and 29: Oil Painting Club meets from 9
a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Creative Arts Studio. If you enjoy oil painting,
this is the club for you. Call (620) 327-2332 for more information.
• Friday: Continuing Tai Chi class will meet at 10:45 a.m. on Fridays
in the Garden Level Room. This is a change from previous sessions.
• June 7, 9 and 11: Explorations in Clay for Kids class will meet from
11 a.m. to noon. Class is open to ages 8 through 14, and the cost is
$15. Students only will need to supply an old art T-shirt.
Pre-register at the HWC front desk during normal business hours.
Instructor: Kelsi Chisholm.
• June 14, 16 and 18: Exploring 2-Dimensional Art for Kids class will
meet from 11 a.m. to noon. Students will be able to explore working
with mediums in art, such as ink, watercolor and pastels. Class is
open to ages 6 through 12. Cost is $15 and includes all materials.
Students only will need to supply an old art T-shirt. Pre-register at
the HWC front desk during normal business hours. Instructor: Kelsi
• June 10 and 24: Extra Family Swim times are from 2 to 5 p.m. in
addition to the regularly scheduled hours.
• June 13 through 19: $2 day passes
• June 19: Oil Painting Workshop. Cost is $30 to participate and
includes all materials. Class meets from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the
Creative Arts Studio. Pre-register at the front desk at least one week
• June 20: Father’s Day Discount. Fathers, get in free to HWC when you
bring your child(ren) to swim with you. Kids younger than 14 are free
too. Family swim is from 1 to 4:45 p.m.
• June 22: “Everyone Has a Story to Tell.” This is a free workshop for
inspiration and easy tips on how to begin writing your story.
Presenter: Katie Funk Wiebe, author of “How to Write Your Personal or
Family History: If You Don’t Do It, Who Will? (Good Books).” Class
will meet from 9 to 11 a.m. Pre-registration is required for this
event by signing up at the front desk or by calling (620) 327-2323.
All events require pre-registration unless otherwise noted. Call (620)
327-2323 for more information or to register for classes.