• St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church will have Holy Communion and a sermon at 10:15 a.m. Sunday at the church.
• First Presbyterian Church will provide a nursery for all morning services. They will have Sunday school classes for all ages from 9:15 to 10:10 a.m. Sunday. A nursery is available. Fellowship time will be from 10:10 to 10:30 a.m. in the narthex. The message will be delivered by Pastor Jim Anderson. Special music will be by the chancel choir with the anthem, “We Believe.”
• First Presbyterian Church middle school youth will meet from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the church. High school youth will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Both groups will meet from 6:30 to 7 p.m. for the Amazing Bible Race.
• St. Luke Presbyterian Church asks residents to join them as Pastor Paul Wissink continues his series “Fearless” with “Fear of Global Calamity,” according to Matthew 24:6-14.
Worship service is at 10:30 a.m. at 808 E. Sixth St., Newton. They offer children’s church for ages 3 through second grade and nursery care for children birth through 3 during the service.
• Boy Scout Troop No. 123 will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at First Presbyterian Church.
• St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church Payee Program will meet from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church.
• First Presbyterian Church middle and high school youth will meet at 7 a.m. Tuesday at Druber’s for devotions and doughnuts.
• First Presbyterian Church Bible at Breakfast will meet at 8 a.m. at C.J.’s Pancake House for Bible study and breakfast. All those interested are invited.
• St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church will have morning prayer in the chapel at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and a healing service with communion at 7 p.m. in the chapel.
• The Women’s Fellowship United Church of Christ circle will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church, 210 E. Fourth St. Hostess will be Priscilla Musser. Devotions and program also will be by Musser.
• The St. Mary Altar Society will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the St. Mary Catholic School cafeteria, 101 E. Ninth St. They will talk about preparation for the annual turkey dinner and bazaar. Hostesses will be Charlotte Gehrer and Diane Schultz.
• The Walton United Methodist Women’s Circle will meet at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Walton United Methodist Church. Program will be “World Thank Offering” by Pat Tieszen. Joyce DuFriend will be the hostess.
• First Presbyterian Church ladies will travel to Kansas City for an annual shopping trip. The women will depart from the church at 7 a.m. Nov. 7 to spend the day in Kansas City, returning after 10 p.m. Call Beth Darrow at 283-6720 if you interested in going.