Newton firefighters were called to the 1000 block of North High Street at 2:58 p.m. Sunday for a report of a house fire.


Newton firefighters were called to the 1000 block of North High Street at 2:58 p.m. Sunday for a report of a house fire.

The fire was confined to the attic and determined to be caused by an electrical problem, said Battalion Chief Jerry Conyers of Newton Fire/EMS.

The occupant of the home, who was listed as Karen Prichett, and one other person were at home at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.

Damages were estimated at $6,000.